Saturday, 7 June 2014

Face of the Day: Purple Lips




I've recently started using a few new products as part of my everyday makeup routine & I'm really loving them, so I thought I'd share a quick "face of the day" blog post with you all.

The first product is the Revlon ColorStay foundation in shade Buff - I'll be doing a full review of this foundation soon as my feelings on it are a bit mixed but I am loving how long lasting it is. I applied it using my new Real Techniques' Miracle Complexion Sponge & I can't explain the difference this has made to my foundation - I love the coverage it gives while also stopping foundation from looking cakey, which is always a worry with full-coverage products.

Next I used my Sleek palette to contour & highlight. This is an holy grail product for me & I use it basically everyday, which considering it's under £10 is pretty fantastic. The kit contains a matte bronzer, a highlight shade & a blusher, although I personally don't like the blusher as much, since it's not particularly pigmented. Instead I used my Makeup Revolution Baked Blush in Bang Bang which is a really flattering baby pink, & light enough to stop the rest of the look from being too overwhelming. At the moment I'm really liking my blush applied high on my cheek, almost blending into my hairline, & the Revlon foundation is so long-lasting that I know it'll stay in place all day.



Next I did my eyes, applying Maybelline's EyeStudio Color Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate in my crease & winging it out. Then I patted Bourjois' Little Round Pot Light Eyeshadow in shade n.03, which is a beautiful shimmery greyish pink, across my eyelid. Honestly, I wish I'd brought it in a little bit into the corner of my eye just to lift the look a little bit more, but I forgot at the time. I used my Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner in Carbon Black to create a cat eye. This my go-to eyeliner because it's so quick & easy - it can be tricky to get a perfectly thin flick, but for everyday use it's fine. The final touch was Maybelline's The Volum' Express Colossal Smokey Mascara - if I was heading out for the evening I would probably add some false lashes, but for the day this mascara is fine. I like my brows to be strong but being blonde means it can be tricky to find something that still looks natural, which is why I'm absolutely loving Soap & Glory's Archery Brow Tint & Pencil, & I'll be doing an in-depth review soon.

On my lips I'm wearing Revlon's Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless, which is a deep purple - slightly cooler than in looks in the photos here - & my go to colour if I'm feeling adventurous.

I hope you liked this look & keep your eye out on here & on my Youtube channel for indepth reviews of some of the products mentioned. Are there any new products in your life that you're loving right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved