Monday, 16 June 2014

Wear it Two Ways: ASOS Curve Peg Trouser


When I first saw these peg leg trousers on ASOS Curve I was immediately curious. I'd been wanting a pair of trousers for a while, but my hip-to-waist ratio is so big that I struggle to find trousers that fit in both areas, & this draw-string pair looked perfect. Plus, I loved how sophisticated the model looked, having paired them with heels & a tuxedo-style jacket, & the thought of being able to dress them up or down really appealed to me.

However, when they arrived I was a bit disappointed. They looked a lot more like standard jogging bottoms than I'd expected, & for the £25 price tag I wasn't exactly thrilled. Dressing them down was simple, & they were really comfy (I even ended up wearing them as pyjama bottoms more than once) but dressing them up seem trickier, & it took a bit of work before I figured out an outfit I was happy with.

Outfit One: White Tank Top - ASOS, Size 18 // Shirt - New Look, Size 18 // Trousers - ASOS Curve, Size 20 // Trainers - Keds, Size 4 // Satchel - Cambridge Satchel Company

I love this look for running errands or heading to class. The trousers & trainers keep it comfy, while the classic white tank keeps it from looking too casual. This satchel has also been a wardrobe staple, ever since I bought it 3 years ago - it's the most expensive item in my closet, but I've definitely got my money's worth.

Outfit Two: Red Tank - ASOS Curve, Size 18 // Blazer - Primark, Size 18 // Trousers - ASOS Curve, Size 20 // Shoes - M&S, Size 4 // Clutch - Primark

I've kind of made peace with the fact that these trousers are never going to look super fancy, but by combining them with heels, a dressier top, & a blazer I think they can look dressier. I really like this outfit for a date night or drinks with friends, & you could potentially dress it up even more with some statement jewellery.

I hope you enjoyed these outfits & if there are any pieces or trends you'd like to see my take on then just let me know in the comments.

p.s. I've finally got round to setting up my Bloglovin account, feel free to give me a follow!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job showing different ways to wear the pants. While I was reading, I was thinking that they might look better with a dressy top and blazer and voila by the time I scrolled down further there you were wearing them with a dressy top and blazer. Your shoes really look cute. I If you want to stay in touch let me know. I am not sure if you are on Google + and Bloglovin but I would love to follow each other.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words - I'll be sure to check out your blog!

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved