Sunday, 30 November 2014

November Feel Unique Haul


This is my second ever order from FeelUnique.com, & both times I've been super impressed by the range of products on offer & the level of service, so this time I thought I'd share my experience with you.

I won't be going into lots of detail on products, a) because they've only just arrived so I haven't had a chance to really put them through their paces & b) because I don't want this post to turn into an essay, but if there are any products which you're keen to hear my thoughts on then let me know in the comments below & I'll do a full review.


For those of you who aren't aware of FeelUnique, I like to think of it as an upmarket Boots; although they do carry some high street brands like Rimmel, Aussie & Eyelure, they also have high-end brands like bareMinerals & Marc Jacobs. This can be both a blessing & a curse: having so much choice is fantastic, but it can be so easy to slip into buying pricier products when they're listed side-by-side with more affordable options (trust me, I'm speaking from experience here). 

That being said, there are usually some great deals running, alongside free samples with all orders over £30, & their Try Me sample service which is pretty much the best idea anyone's ever had (with selected products they'll send you a sample alongside the full size product, meaning you can test out the sample meaning your can return the full size item if it's not for you - perfect for foundation testing).

Both my orders have been dispatched promptly & arrived within a few days. The boxes themselves are nice & sturdy, but the inner packaging isn't too great. The first time I ordered, my products were wrapped using cellophane to a piece of cardboard at the bottom of the box, & the second time the box was loosely stuffed with packing peanuts. Neither of these options is ideal since you don't really want your expensive products - especially powder compacts & eyeshadow palettes - rattling around in the box. Fortunately, all my products have arrived in one piece, possibly thanks to the fact that FeelUnique use Hermes to deliver rather than Royal Mail, but it's something to be aware of.

On to what I bought.


The first product I picked up was the Urban Decay De-Slicking Spray (£20) which I've had my eye on for a while. My oily skin battle continue & this spray (which you mist on to your face after applying your makeup) promises to keep everything in place & looking matte all day long. It's pretty pricey so I'm not sure I'll be using it every day but it sounds like a good shout for long work days or nights out. Plus, that packaging is just beautiful - embossed letters & watercolour accents, yes please.


I've also been having some acne trouble recently, so I picked up Murad's Blemish Spot Treatment (£17.10). Again, this is an expensive product, but I've been really impressed with Murad's blemish-fighting line in the past (their clay mask is a life saver), & since this is a topical cream I'm hoping it will last me a relatively long time.


I've been on the hunt for a reasonably priced blush brush for a while now since my current one moults chronically, & this Lily Lilo angled brush (£7.99) seems like a good choice. It's super soft, but still firm enough to pick up a good amount of pigment; my only complaint is that the white handle is inevitably going to end up looking grubby, even with regular cleaning - all black everything please.


For the past few months I've been using Maybelline's Fit Me powder & while it's great for emergency touch ups during the day I just don't feel like it has much staying power on my oily skin. I've heard great things about Rimmel's Stay Matte powder (£3.99) so I figured I'd give it a go. The packaging is - as you'd expect - pretty cheap so I'm not sure I'll be carrying it round in my handbag but then again, hopefully I won't need to!


Recently I've been noticing that while I have a few different blushes they're all in the baby-to-bubblegum pink spectrum & I wanted to get something more autumnal, so I decided on L'Oreal's True Match Blush in shade Rosewood (£6.50). It's a really beautiful dusty rose colour, similar to Sleek's Pomegranate blush, but more wearable. I also like the fact that even though it's a cheaper product, it still comes with a little brush & mirror.


For the past year or so I've been having a love affair with felt-tip eyeliners; I just think they're super easy & can give you the perfect crisp line with minimal practice. What I don't love is how quickly they dry out & suddenly - instead of a crisp line - you're getting a patchy grey mess. So, I decided to revisit liquid liner & picked up Rimmel's Exaggerate Liner (£5.29). I'm honestly not sure how well I'll get on with this (& I'm still lusting over Kat Von D's Tattoo liner) but if it doesn't work out at least it won't be too costly a mistake.


I know I'm super late to the Rimmel Apocalips party, but I couldn't resist the vampy charms of shade Across the Universe (£5.99). It applies perfectly, quickly dries to a matte finish, & has pretty decent lasting power. I also think the packaging looks out of this world cool.


Around a month ago, my beloved Soap & Glory Archery Eyebrow Tint & Pencil finally gave up the ghost & I've been using a little nub of leftover Body Shop eyebrow pencil ever since, so I picked up the Laura Geller Brown Scuplting Marker in shade Soft Charcoal (£18). I like the fact that it's cooler-toned (far too many eyebrow products for people with blonde hair are ridiculously warm-toned) & the little segmented tip is supposed to imitate the appearance of individual hairs for a more natural look.


The final product I chose was the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer (£16) which seems pricey but you do get a healthy 8.5g of product for your money. I've been lusting over this champagne-toned highlight for a while & it certainly doesn't disappoint. My only gripe is with the packaging - I'm just not a fan of the kitschy design, & would much prefer a plainer style, but each to their own.

So, that's everything I picked up & I'm now on a makeup spending ban until after Christmas! Like I said, I'm happy to do more in-depth reviews of any of these products, just let me know in the comments or over on Twitter which you want to see more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved