Thursday, 18 December 2014

YOU Beauty Advent: Days Ten to Twelve



This will be my last advent calendar post for a while as I'm heading home for the week before Christmas, but there'll be a bumper post when I get back!

December 10th: Burt's Bees Almond & Milk Hand Cream

This is probably one of the smallest samples I've received so far in the calendar but since I'm not fussed about the product I won't be losing too much sleep over it. The texture is just a little too thick for me, almost like a butter & it leaves a greasy residue on my skin - not great as I generally use handcream at work where I want to get straight back to typing. The scent is also a bit overwhelming, but that might just be because I'm not a huge fan of almonds.

December 11th: Vita Liberata Self Tan & Mini Mitt

Honestly I'm a bit bemused by this one. I've never fake tanned (way too many opportunities for it to go horribly wrong) & even if I had, what exactly am I supposed to tan using my sample (since it's clearly not enough for my whole body)? Should I go arms or legs? Surely one without the other would look weird, but if I did my arms I'd have to do my chest too, & there's definitely not enough product for that. Basically, I'm going to leave this until summer when I'm not quite so ghostly pale & the risk of disaster is minimised slightly, but I'll make sure to keep you updated...

December 12th: Glam Glow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Mask

I love a good face mask, so even though I'm not really interested in the anti-aging claims, I'm definitely excited to give it a go. I'm also interested to see that this claims to have instant results, leaving you with glowing skin the second you buff it off - I like using a face mask as part of a pamper session before a big night out, but most masks leave skin less than photo-ready so I'll be curious to see how this one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved