Saturday, 27 December 2014

YOU Beauty Advent: Days Twenty Two to Twenty Four



This is the last of my YOU Beauty advent calendar posts (for this year at least) - apologies it's a little late, Christmas (read, the constant supply of wine & food) kind of caught up with me, hence not being sure on the dates for these products.

True to form, the last three products in the calendar were solid picks which I've already been getting some use out of.

Rituals Fortune Scrub

I've used this scrub every other day since I received it & it's a real winner. The mandarin scent is comforting without being overwhelming, & it does a genuinely good job of exfoliating without irritating the skin (a problem I've experienced with some more aggressive scrubs in the past).

Maddi Alexander Rose Bath Oil

We actually don't have a bath in our flat (to my constant disappointment) so I'll be saving this until I either travel home or (touch wood) visit a hotel with a bath. It does smell beautiful though, not at all synthetic like some cheaper rose-scented products.

This Works Sleep Plus+ Pillow Spray

A couple of spritzes of this on your pillows at night is supposed to help you drift off into a deep & uninterrupted sleep. Personally I don't have a lot of trouble sleeping, but I did find the gentle lavender scent comforting as well as long-lasting, & I can see this being helpful for people who struggle with insomnia when combined with other relaxation techniques.

I know I did a mini summary of my feelings about the YOU Beauty advent calendar in my last post, but I just want to reiterate how much joy this calendar added to my December. It's the perfect pre-Christmas pamper gift for yourself, or for someone who loves discovering new beauty brands & products. I'll definitely be picking one up next year (unless something even better comes along) - will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved