Monday, 26 January 2015

Wishlist: January 2015


I'm trying to keep my spending to a minimum over the next few months as my boyfriend & I just booked a trip to Malta in May, & while making wishlists might seem counter intuitive, I actually find them really useful for weeding out impulsive purchases, so without further ado, here are the items I'm lusting over this month.



January 2015 Wishlist

1 // Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) in Moonstone
It's no secret that I love glowing skin & while the Balm's Mary Lou Manizer is great for that (plus it's currently on sale at FeelUnique.com) it's just a little too dark for my skin tone meaning that if I don't take time to blend it out it just looks like two yellow streaks on my face - not cool. Nikkie from NikkieTutorials swears by the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors for her pale skin, so I'd love to try them out but at £30 it could be a while before I get the chance.

I've been loving the Anastasia Beverly Hills DripBrow Pomade ever since I picked it up in my last Sephora haul & it's perfect for filling in brows, but I've been finding that because my brows are quite bushy, they just don't have the crisp edge that the DipBrow needs to really work its magic. I'm hoping that the Brow Wiz could be the solution to my problems, giving me a natural yet still defined shape.

I've recently been getting into lining my waterline, especially when I'm doing more complex eye looks & I think a touch of nude liner can really add the finishing touch. I've also heard that this Smashbox liner is genuinely long-lasting (unlike other pencils, which claim to last 24 hours & then wear off in a matter of minutes) which is why its still on my radar despite the $20 price tag.

Maybelline has always been my go-to brand for mascaras, but I feel like every one of their formulas I've tried has fallen just a little bit short of perfection: too dry, too smudgy, too clumpy... However, recently I've heard multiple people describe the Pumped Up formula as their holy grail so I'm dying to give it a go.

5 // Longline Blazer in Racing Green
This is less of a product & more of an idea, but lately I've been obsessed by the thought of a longline blazer in a deep, rich, racing green. Obviously if I were straight size then this wouldn't be a problem - there are a million & one options on Polyvore alone - but finding the jacket I want in my size is proving a bit of a headache, so I'm still hunting.

If you've followed my blog for a while, you'll know that before Christmas I was obsessing over the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette & while I still wouldn't say no if someone offered to buy it for me, I have managed to narrow myself down to one shade: Mood Exposure. I just think it looks stunning, both in the pan & on the face, & it's exactly the kind of shade that I find myself reaching for on a regular basis, so I know I'd get the use out of it.

As if the cost of one Hourglass product wasn't enough, I've also been eyeing up the Ambient Lighting Powder in Moodlight, which appears in the pan to be a light lavender shade, but is translucent when applied. The Ambient Lighting Powders claim to mimic some of the most flattering lighting scenarios around, & Mood Light is designed to give you the appearance of sitting in soft, evening light. In my head, this conjures up images of evenings spent drinking strawberry daiquiris by Lake Garda last summer, & honestly you could sell pretty much anything to me with that scene.

8 // False Eyelashes
I've always considered false eyelashes to be an irritating extra step in a beauty regime & firmly avoided them, but after wearing a pair I received in a beauty box to a pre-Burns Night dinner on Saturday night I'm a convert. I love the flutter & extra glamour they add, & I basically want to wear them 24/7 which means investing some new pairs & some eyelash glue.

9 // Light Tan Boots
I basically haven't stepped out of my black chelsea boots this Winter, but now it's January & I'm dreaming of Spring (in between flurries of snow, obviously) black just feels a bit austere. So, to go with my newly purchased light wash denim I'm on the look out for some light tan boots, maybe even in suede to really up the levels of impracticability. 

So, that's my wishlist for this month - what treasures have you got your eye on? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved