Sunday, 19 April 2015

OOTD: Making It Work


Necklace - ASOS  //  Top - Elvi  //  Jeans - Dorothy Perkins  //  Shoes - New Look

As someone who basically only shops online at this point, I'm pretty used to items not looking quite how I imagined, but it doesn't make it any less gutting when it happens.

When I ordered this dress from Elvi (RRP £39, I paid £23 in a sale) I had grand dreams of casually throwing it on over a bikini when I go away to Malta next month. Since it's a tshirt style, I was pretty confident with the fit (I even double checked the sizing chart, which is unheard of for me), but sized up to guarantee a slouchier fit.

Unfortunately, despite all of that, it's super tight around my hips - to the extent that I struggled to pull it down, & once I did it clearly cut into my stomach. MASSIVE BUMMER. I played around with it a bit & contemplated exchanging it for a larger size, but the fit is pretty much perfect around my bust, & sizing up would have left me swamped.


So, I decided to just make it work. I folded the bottom up to create a cute tshirt, & paired it with black jeans & a chunky gold necklace. It might not be a holiday outfit but I can definitely see myself wearing this around the office, & in the longer term I think I'll probably trim off the excess fabric for use in other projects since that watercolour print so beautiful.

I'm still pretty down because the dress looks incredible online & it would have been a great addition to my wardrobe, but I feel like I've done it justice all the same. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved