Friday, 17 April 2015

Soap & Glory 3 for 2 Makeup Picks


I'm a total sucker for the Boots' 3 for 2 deals, & always end up spending way too much, but I do think they're great if you're not a natural risk taker when it comes to beauty products because you don't have to worry about wasting money on something you're not sure you'll like.

I've been dying to try more of Soap & Glory's makeup range for a while, so when I went to repurchase my trusty Supercat Liner & saw that there was a 3 for 2 deal on, it was perfect timing.
 

Despite having recently fallen in love with Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner, Supercat (RRP £6) is still top of my high-street liner list so I couldn't resist picking it up. This liner is super black, totally smudge-proof once dry, & perfect for creating dramatic cat eyes.


Next into my basket was the Thick & Fast HD Mascara (RRP £10.50). I love the packaging on this - I feel like it's a lot more expensive looking than some other Soap & Glory products I've seen, & could easily pass for a high end product. I'm also a big fan of the "natural" bristle brush - I find it gives a lovely feathery effect, particularly if you go slowly & build up several thin coats. My one complaint would be that - because this isn't waterproof - I do find it smudges during the day, but if you have dryer skin I imagine this would be less of an issue.


The final product I picked out was the One Heck of a Blot mattifying face powder (RRP £12). As we move into Spring I'm on the look out for ways to keep my complexion matte during those long days at work, & this does the job perfectly. Because it's translucent you can touch up during the day really easily (although I'd recommend using a fluffy brush rather than the powder puff to keep your application light). I also really like using this to set my under-eye concealer - I use my Beauty Blender to pack on the powder, & then a small fluffy brush to dust away any excess product - crease-free under-eyes in under a minute.

Soap & Glory is currently still on offer at Boots so pop online or in-store if you fancy a treat, & let me know what you pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved