Sunday, 7 June 2015

OOTD: '70s Suede


Cardigan - Primark  //  Top - Boohoo  //  Necklace - ASOS  //  Belt - ASOS  //  Skirt - New Look  //  Bag - ASOS  //  Tights - New Look  //  Shoes - New Look

When I tweeted about this faux suede skater skirt last week, opinion was pretty divided but after a couple of days weighing it up I knew I'd end up regretting it if I didn't snap it up. A couple of people suggested I wait until after the Summer since it's more of an Autumn/Winter piece, but unusual items like this come up so rarely in plus sizes - especially on the high street - that I just couldn't risk it.

I went for a size 20 since I was pretty worried about the lack of stretch in the "suede", but I could have easily sized down to an 18 without any problems.


With the skirt being such a statement (I love the '70s vibe it gives off) I've been mainly pairing it with all black outfits to keep it looking sleek. It's definitely a versatile piece & I know I'll get a lot of wear out of it (even if it means having to crack out the ironing board every so often to keep it looking its best).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved