Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Review: NARSissist Blush, Contour & Lips Palette



When SpaceNK emailed me a discount code just before I went away I'd already started worrying about fitting all my makeup necessities into the strict luggage allowance, so I immediately started checking out the palettes looking for something that could do some serious multitasking & the NARSissist seemed perfect.

Now when it first arrived, I was a little disappointed in how small it was - especially considering the hefty £35 pricetag - but trust me when I say they've managed to pack a lot in there. The packaging is also lovely, with a mirrored front, perfect for sitting on your dressing table even if you're not using it every day.

 

The palette is split into two levels. The top one contains a mini lip gloss in shade Lstria (a super sheer nude) as well as three blushes.


The blush shades are (L-R) Enthralled (toasted rose with a hint of shimmer), Enrapture (pink terracotta), & Roman Holiday (neon pastel pink). It's a great range of colours, giving you lots of options, although the pigmentation isn't the best

 
On the lower level are a highlighter (Albatross) & a bronzer (Laguna). I'm not a massive fan of either of these shades: they both run very warm & lack pigmentation, just like the blushes, but they're definitely usable.

I'm wearing Albatross as a highlight, Laguna as a bronzer, & Enrapture as a blush.

I know this review doesn't sound exactly glowing but I promise it's not all bad. 

This is a really great palette if you're pushed for space. Will Albatross ever replace my trusty Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector? Nope. Would I choose to use Laguna over the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer? Nah. But those products are bulky, & this palette has everything you would need for a weekend away. It's also great for touching up during the day, or even transforming a daytime look into something more special for a night out. Plus, I can imagine that if the highlight & bronzer shades were well-suited to your skin tone, this could easily become an everyday palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved