Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Review: Topshop Trigger Lipstick


  
It's no secret that I love a bold lip & I'm also a big fan of Topshop's beauty range, so when I spotted 'Trigger' (RRP £8) online I couldn't resist.


As with all of Topshop's products, the packaging is really cool but it's not all about appearances; the tube is also super sturdy, meaning it's a great lipstick to travel with.

 

In terms of shade, Trigger is a cool-toned red, with the pink/purple undertones becoming more prominent as it fades. The finish is described as velvet matte, but I find it takes quite a while to dry meaning in practice it's closer to a satin.


I find Trigger does fade quite quickly especially in the centre of my lips, but thanks to the creamy texture re-applying isn't an issue. 

Topshop's lipsticks aren't incredible but they're definitely good value for money, & the range of shades helps them stand out from other highstreet brands.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I've been looking for Topshop Trigger for awhile now and I think it's no longer in production. Do you have a good substitute for it? It's my fav red lippy and I can't seem to find anything that comes close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to find it either which sucks as it's such a classic colour!

      I can't think of any dupes off the top of my head but luckily vampy reds are super in at the moment so it shouldn't be too hard to find something similar in Boots or Superdrug.

      A quick Google led me to this blog post: http://apsxo.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/my-red-lipstick-collection-part-3-darks.html which suggests MAC's Studded Kiss is a possible match but obviously it's quite pricey in comparison to Trigger.

      Definitely let me know if you end up find a dupe!

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved