Wednesday, 30 September 2015

OOTD: Transitioning into Autumn



Autumn in Edinburgh is a hard season to dress for. Clear blue skies mean my usual Autumn palette of black & grey feels too dark, but as the weather gets colder my Summer wardrobe just doesn't cut it any more. So what's a girl to do?


 The answer is layer like my life depends on it. By adding a lightweight trench coat & black tights to a Summer dress, you can easily transition to Autumn with style & comfort.

This dress is from ASOS & although I'm not usually a fan of florals, I love the large abstract print. The swing shape also makes it really easy to wear & three-quarter length sleeves mean I can still (just about) get away with wearing it without a cardigan.

The trench coat is from New Look & the fit is incredible. The longer length feels really sophisticated & I love that even though it's a cheaper piece they haven't scrimped on the details. It's also great to find a coat that I can comfortably button up, even over bulkier items of clothing, making it practical too.

Let me know in the comments below how you're transitioning into Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved