Sunday, 28 February 2016

Review: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner


Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner

I've spoken before about my hunt for the perfect liquid eyeliner, & I don't think anything illustrates that hunt better than the three almost identical black liners I discovered in my drawer whilst taking photos for this post. Unfortunately, I don't think my search is over.


I picked up Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner (£14.50) after seeing it listed as many people's holy grail liner & was hoping it would be a dupe for my favourite, but difficult to get hold of, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper.

My first impression was certainly positive. The liner pen is sleek & lightweight, making it easy to control, & the nib has the right balance of firmness but flexibility. However, once I started to use it there were some clear issues with the formula which were impossible to ignore.

L-R: Stila, Kat Von D, Soap & Glory, Illamasqua

As you can see in the comparison swatches, the Stila liner really lacks the pigmentation of the other products - even Soap & Glory's Supercat Liner which is a steal at only £6 - & this is particularly noticeable on the lid where the coverage is patchy & difficult to build.

The second issue is just how liquid the formula is. It felt very watery when applied & as you can see in both images there was some significant feathering, making it impossible to get a crisp line. This also had an impact on the wear time, with the liner beginning to fade & crumble after only a couple of hours.

Honestly, I'm a little baffled by how negative my experience with Stila's liner has been given the overwhelmingly positive reviews I read before purchasing, so if you've personally tried it please do leave me a comment below letting me know your thoughts. 

Have you ever tried a raved about product that just didn't work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved