Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Review: Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution & Midnight Recovery Concentrate



I've been wanting to try Kiehl's Skincare ever since Rachel Whitehurst recommended their products in one of her skincare routine videos but I held off a) because Rachel & I have totally different skin types so I wasn't sure if the items she mentioned would work as well for me & b) because Kiehl's is PRICEY & while I love my skin I also love food & paying my bills.

Finally my birthday rolled around & I decided to treat myself to a couple of new items, so I visited the Kiehl's website & found their Healthy Skin Care Routine Finder. It's pretty basic but essentially it asks you a few questions about your skin type & concerns, then creates a personalised skin care routine. Obviously there was no way I was dropping £200 on all the products it recommended, but because each item had a little description underneath explaining why it was recommended I could choose the products which would really address my skin care concerns (for reference, I have oily, acne-prone skin). 


The first product I purchased was the Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution (£36 for 30ml). This serum aims to correct dark spots & even out skin tone, which are actually two of my biggest issues now my acne is relatively under control, so I had high hopes. 

The water-based serum is super lightweight & although there is some tackiness straight after application it quickly dries down, meaning you could easily put this on in the morning & apply makeup over it. It does have a slight lavender scent (as does the Midnight Recovery Concentrate) which I don't love, plus lavender oil can cause irritation, so it's maybe worth testing it out before purchase if you have sensitive skin.

I've been using the serum for around a week now & haven't noticed any significant changes in terms of my dark spots, but I do feel as though my skin tone is more even & the acne I've had hasn't scarred as badly as I've experienced in the past. 

Overall I'd say this product isn't a necessity but is a nice addition to your skincare routine.


The second product is the one I'm most excited to talk to you about as it's quickly become a holy grail product in my skincare routine. The Midnight Recovery Concentrate (£37 for 30ml) is one of Kiehl's signature products, with positive reviews on every beauty site out there & having tried it for a week I totally understand why.

This facial oil is designed to improve the appearance of skin overnight & while it's no miracle product I have been seriously impressed by how soft & glowy my skin has been since I started using it. I was concerned that my skin wouldn't react well to the high oil content but by the next morning any greasiness has totally disappeared leaving my skin feeling plump & fully moisturised. 

Even with such a stand-out product the price tag is tough to justify, but thankfully a little goes a long way & three drops is easily enough for my whole face, meaning it should at least last a while. I'm also a big fan of the blue glass packaging & love the way it looks alongside my other skincare products.

I honestly couldn't be more impressed with the Midnight Recovery Concentrate & if you can afford to splash out on skincare I'd definitely recommend checking it out, regardless of your skin type.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved