Sunday, 6 March 2016

Review & Swatches: Makeup Geek's Ritzy & Bitten



When I first saw that Beauty Bay were going to start stocking Makeup Geek I knew I wouldn't be able to resist for too long, & before I knew it Ritzy & Bitten had made their way into my basket. 

Makeup Geek were one of the first small, independent brands to really make a name for themselves in the online beauty market, thanks to their high quality, affordability, & innovation. They've grown massively since they first launched but can still be depended upon for pigmented, long-lasting products with a little twist.

I've actually purchased Makeup Geek shadows before direct from their US online store, but extortionate shipping & customs costs, combined with the risk of items not arriving in one piece put me off from ordering again. Thankfully I've never had any issues with Beauty Bay & have always found their service to be fast & reliable, so was glad to see Makeup Geek had chosen them as a UK stockist.



When I saw Makeup Geek had joined Beauty Bay I knew I had to pick up one of their new duochrome eyeshadows (£4.95). I'm a sucker for duochrome anything, but I think there's something particularly special about the way duochrome shadows look on the curve of an eyelid. However, being realistic, I don't wear eyeshadow that often & when I do I tend to go for more neutral shades, so much as I love Blacklight (lilac with a baby blue shimmer) & Secret Garden (dark green with a bright green shimmer) I decided to go for a shadow I knew I'd get wear out of.

Ritzy looks like a beautiful olive-toned gold in the pan, but when swatched it reveals this beautiful red-brown base which really makes the gold pop. The pigmentation is really strong & Ritzy could easily be used without a base, which isn't true of many shimmer shadows. It's honestly so stunning in person & I can't wait to use it as a pop of shimmer in a gold, smoky eye.

Bitten is one of Makeup Geek's classic shades. It's a rich, deep red in a matte finish, & the texture is so creamy it's a dream to apply & blends out perfectly. Used all over the lid Bitten is definitely a bold shadow, but I've also seen people use it to add some depth & warmth to a smoky eye, which looks incredible.


Used together, Bitten & Ritzy make such a beautiful red/gold smokey eye.

I'm in love with Makeup Geek's shadows & can't wait to purchase more - let me know what your favourite shades are in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I love this look! I'm a fan of anything Rose/ Gold and these tones are just gorgeous!

    Grace xx

    www.gracebee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved