Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Plus Size Style Wishlist: April 2016 ft. ASOS, Boohoo, New Look & Dorothy Perkins


My partner & I are currently in the process of buying our first home together which is obviously super exciting but also means that finances are tight, so when I do go clothes shopping I have to prioritise essentials like workwear & everyday items like jeans, rather than splashing out on new season items.

That hasn't stopped me from looking though & a couple of brands - looking at you, New Look and Boohoo - have noticeably improved their plus size ranges (in style if not in sizing) so I thought I'd pick out some of my favourite pieces to share with you.

Spring Dress/Skirt Wishlist

1// New Look Curve Black Cross-Back Slip Dress (£19.99) - I've been moaning about the lack of plus size slip dresses for a while now & although this New Look offering doesn't have the silky finish of more luxe items it's definitely a good start. It's also a really versatile item, equally great at work & on the beach.

2// ASOS Curve Pencil Skirt in Abstract Print (£20) - I normally avoid prints as I think they can date quite quickly but I really like this abstract print skirt. The white base also keeps light & bright, perfect for spring.
  
3// Boohoo Tie-Waist Midi Wrap Dress (£25) - I spotted this midi shirt dress on Becky & fell in love with it. It's so versatile & perfect for transitioning from Winter to Spring to Summer.

Spring Shirt Wishlist

1// Boohoo Split Side Top (£12) - Boohoo's basics are some of my favourites & the side split on this three-quarter length sleeve top gives it a little something extra.

2// Dorothy Perkins Pinstripe Shirt (£23) - I'm always a fan of pieces which borrow details from men's tailoring & this pinstripe shirt is no exception. Obviously it would be great for work but I'm also imagining it worn open over a bikini top with white jeans come the Summer.

3// Dorothy Perkins Geo Print Shirt (£21) - Shirt are my go-to workwear item at the moment because I can throw them on over a pair of black jeans with a pair of boots & not have to worry about tights, cardigans etc. They also feel professional without ever being over-dressed, which is a plus. The print on this one gives it a soft 80s vibe which I'm really into.

3// Boohoo Swing Cami (£10) - I already own two of Boohoo's swing camis (one in black, another in a dark red) & I wear them constantly so it definitely makes sense to pick out a few more - the khaki colour is really on-trend for Spring.

Spring Jacket Wishlist

1// Boohoo Suedette Jacket (£40) - This is another item I first saw on Becky & loved. The price is a little steep considering the quality isn't always there with Boohoo but there's something about that light grey colour that whispers Spring.

2// Boohoo Split Side Tunic Jumper (£15) - Spring in Edinburgh is basically just Winter but with more rain so knitwear is still a must & the split sides on this jumper give it a really relaxed look while also ensuring you don't overheat every time the sun comes out.
  
3// Boohoo Bomber Jacket (£15) - Bomber jackets are everywhere this season, but this Boohoo one is not only super affordable but I also love the black contrast trim which gives it more of a retro Pink Ladies vibe.

Which items have you got your eyes on this season? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved