Sunday, 3 April 2016

Reveiw: Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite


Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel

Having reviewed every other Anastastia Beverly Hills brow product on the market (you can read my Dipbrow vs. Brow Wiz post here, & my review of the Brow Definer here) it seemed only logical that I'd write up my thoughts on the ABH Tinted Brow Gel (£16.50).

I ran out of the Brow Definer around a month ago & money was tight, so repurchasing wasn't an option (I was also quite disappointed with how quickly I'd gone through the Definer). Personally, I just don't have the patience to fully apply Dipbrow every day, especially when I'm running late for work, so I came up with a compromise where I would quickly brush the Dipbrow through my brows with a spoolie, using it almost like a tinted brow wax.

I loved the natural effect it gave me & how quickly it could be applied but found it to be quite clumpy & getting it out the pot was a nightmare, so when I was looking at beauty products to pick up for my birthday the Tinted Brow Gel seemed like an obvious choice.


The Brow Gel comes in a clear plastic tube with a medium-sized spoolie applicator, making it really convenient & quick to apply. The gel itself is really lightweight, meaning you can really build up the colour for a bolder look without it getting lumpy or uneven, & it's super easy to apply, even to tricky areas like the centre of the brows.


I picked up the shade Granite, as the Blonde shade looked a little light & warm-toned for my brows, & while it's definitely darker than my natural brow colour because the gel coats the hairs rather than filling in the skin behind, it still looks really natural. 

Obviously the Brow Gel doesn't give you as clean a look as the Dip Brow or even the brow pencils, but it's great for everyday wear when you don't have time to spend precisely filling in your brows & want a more relaxed look.

2 comments:

  1. How does the shade granite compared to expresso for black hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't personally tried either granite or espresso, but from the descriptions on the Beauty Bay website it looks like espresso is designed for mid-to-jet black hair, whereas granite is designed for grey or salt-and-pepper hair. Hope that helps!

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved