Thursday, 7 April 2016

Review: Papergang Stationery Subscription Box from Ohh Deer



Do you love stationery? Do you love subscription boxes? Then Papergang is GOING TO BE YOUR JAM. I've put together a quick review of the overall service & the first box's contents to help you get an idea if it's for you, & if you do decide to go for it then it would be great if you could click through my referral link here - if three of you sign up I get a free box!
"Each month you will receive a box filled with brilliant stationery. The product selection will vary but will include the likes of: greeting cards, notebooks, desk accessories and art prints." - Papergang 


I love a good subscription box but a really solid box is hard to come by. I've subscribed to both Glossybox & Birchbox in the past but so many of the products weren't to my taste that I was better off saving my money & spending it on things I actually wanted. I then subscribed to A Beautiful Mess' Messy Box & Happy Mail boxes which I loved but I just wasn't making use of either the scrapbooking supplies or the cards (I have a huge collection stored under my desk). The shipping on the A Beautiful Mess boxes was a nightmare too - they came from the US which meant they often took weeks to arrive & were battered from the journey.


Enter Papergang. For £9.95 a month, plus £1.95 UK shipping you get a box stuffed full of goodies from Ohh Deer - the home of "quirky illustrated gifts". I actually heard about Papergang via their Twitter which I followed months ago for a daily dose of cute stationery, so I had a good sense of what kinds of items would be included but I was still really impressed by the selection I received.

There's only been one box so far so I can't really comment on the consistency of products but it feels like a really balanced product, with a variety of items which have a broad appeal. I find it hard to talk about the value of subscription boxes because I think so much of it depends on whether you personally will get use out of them, but the contents of box number one feel fair for the price & the quality is definitely there.

In my box I received:
  • A4 lined notepad with brown cover & gold "notes" on the front
  • Smaller plain notepad with patterned cover
  • "Dognut" card 
  • Gemma Correll pug design card
  • Birthday card with fox & floral design in rose gold
  • One sheet of patterned wrapping paper
  • Two pencils with gold lettering
  • Iron-on patch of Drew, the Papergang mascot

The overall service from Oh Deer has been great, with regular but not overwhelming email updates on my delivery & quick responses from their customer service team.


I'm beyond impressed with Papergang. I feel like it really fills a gap in the subscription box market by providing something that's a bit more quirky than the traditional beauty boxes, at an affordable price, & in a way that appeals to a really broad range of people - everyone, from my colleagues at work to my Mum, has wanted to know more about it!

Like I said at the beginning, if you do decide to subscribe then I'd be super grateful if you did so using my link & please do let me know in the comments below or on Twitter - I'm always keen for more Papergang pals.

2 comments:

  1. Really helpful review, thank you - I'm going to try a month, I'll go through your link :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you enjoy your first box!

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved