Friday, 27 May 2016

Review: NARS Audacious Lipstick in Jeanne


Velveteen Femme NARS Audacious Lipstick Jeanne

It's no secret that I love a red lip but finding the right shade can be challenging with each new purchase being too dark, too light, too cool, too warm, too pink, too purple... But I think I might have finally cracked it; enter NARS' Audacious Lipstick in the shade Jeanne (£24).

Velveteen Femme NARS Audacious Lipstick Jeanne

Normally I'd run a mile at the idea of paying £24 for a lipstick but this was a birthday treat & honestly I was curious as to whether the quality of the NARS Audacious lipsticks justified the price tag. 

The packaging certainly feels high-end with matte black bullet, glossy black NARS logo & a super satisfying magnetic closure which guarantees your lipstick won't get ruined, even if it ends up at the bottom of your bag.

The lipstick itself is debossed with the NARS logo & has the classic pointed tip which I find way easier to use than the rounded tip of lipsticks like the Urban Decay Revolution line.

Velveteen Femme NARS Audacious Lipstick Jeanne
Velveteen Femme NARS Audacious Lipstick Jeanne

As you can see, Jeanne is a super pigmented deep red with a satin finish. Obviously it's a traditional lipstick rather than a liquid lipstick so it's not bulletproof but it's definitely one of the longest lasting products I've come across. It also wears in a way which isn't super noticeable, even with such a dark shade, & the creamy formula means it's easy to reapply throughout the day if it does start to fade.

There's no denying I'm smitten & while my bank account screams no, my heart is crying out for more shades, so feel free to leave your favourites in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. that is a beauty of a colour! I love Nars lipstick formula. I definitely need to get some of these too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved