Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Spring Plus Size OOTD with New Look Curves #2 - Black Culottes Jumpsuit


New Look Black Culottes Jumpsuit
Jacket - Dorothy Perkins // Jumpsuit - New Look // Belt & Clutch - Primark // Shoes - New Look

For the second outfit in my Spring with New Look Curves series (you can see the first post here) I wanted to show a more dressy look & this classic black jumpsuit seemed like a perfect place to start.
 
New Look Black Culottes Jumpsuit
New Look Black Culottes Jumpsuit

I feel like this jumpsuit has been kind of overshadowed by it's patterned twin which has been super popular in both mainstream media & online, but the black is way more my style - plus it's much more versatile. With the jacket this looks feels like contemporary power dressing & totally viable for a day at the office, but without it you could totally wear this for a night out to a bar or club - it feels fancy but not over-stated.

There are however a couple of fit issues which I wanted to flag up, just in case any of you were planning on purchasing it. This runs pretty small - I'm normally a 20, but sized up to a 22 in this for a loser fit. Despite this it's pretty form-fitting, particularly over my stomach & hips, plus I can't actually zip it up with it fully on - I have to zip it up & then slip the straps over my shoulders. It's not a huge issue but maybe worth thinking about if you're looking for a less bodycon style. I also feel like the legs are slightly too long on me, which is totally unsurprising since I'm under 5 foot, but I'm probably going to get them taken up at some point.


I finished the whole look off with this belt from Primark which I've had forever & these ghillie heels from New Look. They're already sold out online which is a total bummer but they do have a couple of similar styles & I swear by their Wide Fit range for heels which you can comfortably wear all day.

Let me know what you think of this outfit in the comments below & don't forget to subscribe to my blog on Bloglovin to be the first to know when I publish a new post.

2 comments:

  1. Love this jumpsuit/your styling, and as you say, very versatile. And I've always sworn by New Look for comfy heels for day-to-day wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to think I just couldn't wear heels because they were always so painful but New Look's Wide Fit range are unbelievably comfy.

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved